They are both from Ahoskie, NC. When they met, Will had just moved back to the area and Angie was home visiting from college.
They never imagined those 16 years ago when their eyes locked across the parking lot at church, that they would be looking into the eyes of their future spouse and that they would be here today sharing "their" love story. However it was out of a friendship cultivated a little under a year ago that love was birthed. It was then that they realized that they had met "the one" that God had created for them.
A word from the Groom: I am ecstatic to have found the love of my life! The one whom makes my soul say Yes!! My tomorrows are now exciting new adventures; and life the treasure that God meant it to be. I wish that every man could experience that moment in life when he-- Knows……
A word from the Bride: I now understand what it means to patiently wait on the Lord. With contentment, I waited for the Lord to allow my path to intersect with the one that He had chosen for my life. Oh how glad I am, that I waited!! He has truly given me the desires of my heart!! I have been given a gift from God.....
We want all of you to know alittle about each of us so here are a few facts about us that you might not have known.
Facts About Will
• Son of Chester and Goldie Jenkins of Ahoskie, North Carolina
• The youngest of 4 brothers and 3 Sisters
• Will graduated from Ahoskie High School in 1984 where he was a 2 year letterman in Basketball.
• Spent 8 years in the United States Marine Corps
• Currently works as Inspector/Tagger and Nucor Hertford Steel Mill.
• Serves as member of a Senior Elder Team at City Of Praise Fellowship, in Powellsville.
Facts About Angie
• Daughter of Thomas and Ruth Earley of Ahoskie, North Carolina
• The youngest of 2 sisters and 2 brothers
• Angie graduated from Hertford County High School in 1993 and went on to attend her beloved alma mater, North Carolina A&T State University where she graduated in 1997 with a degree in Psychology.
• She moved to Nashville, TN to serve in ministry and to pursue her graduate degree in Organizational Management. While in school and serving in ministry, she spent time working in Corporate America.
• After deciding that she wanted to do more meaningful work, she decided to return home to pursue a new career in education. She has been in the education field since 2003. She currently works as an Instructional Management and Career Development Coordinator.
• She also serves as a member of the Senior Elder Team and also Church Administrator at City of Praise Fellowship in Powellsville, NC.
"When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams."
What is Love?
Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is.
Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident.